It would not be an overstatement to say that you can always rely on ramen to make your day great. But of course, it has to be cooked to perfection. The art of ramen is often a time-consuming chore in itself with its complex steps. And it requires quite the mastery to make it flavorful. Thankfully, modern innovations have allowed us to cook ramen in the microwave.
Unfortunately, it comes with a price. Most often than not, instant ramen in the microwave would be far from perfection. Don’t be disappointed if you find your ramen to be pasty and bland. The microwave tends to make it so. Saving us from our ramen misery, Rapid Brands has come out with the most efficient cooker to cook ramen in the microwave.
It is now time to bid farewell to soggy and undercooked ramen noodles. You can rely on the Rapid Ramen Cooker to serve you perfectly cooked ramen fit for every occasion. And the most exciting part is that you don’t have to spend hours on perfecting your ramen. It takes only 3 minutes to cook ramen in the microwave. Yes, only 3 minutes! The universe must be answering our prayers.
The Science Behind Quick and Perfect Ramen in the microwave
There are several ways you can cook ramen in the microwave. But a normal glass or plastic bowl is bound to give you pasty ramen with bland flavors. It is a major let down to the history of ramen noodles. The only cooker that does justice to cooking perfect ramen in the microwave is the Rapid Ramen Cooker.
Chris Johnson is the proud founder of Rapid Brands. He brought forth his innovative design on Shark Tank and since then it has been the most popular cookware to cook ramen in the microwave. He understood the science behind ramen cooking in the microwave.
According to him, the reason why ramen turns out pasty in the microwave is an unequal distribution of heat. Thus, the ramen noodles remain undercooked. His innovative design allowed the cooker to disseminate heat equally throughout. This cooks the water and the noodles perfectly.
If you take a Rapid Ramen Cooker, you will notice how different it is than regular cookware. The bottom is elevated to enable direct heat flow to the noodles. The top portion is more open allowing space for the noodles and the broth. This simple tweak in the design of the cookware is what makes a world of a difference.
Features of Microwave Safe Cookware for Ramen
Not all cookware is suitable for cooking ramen in the microwave. The Rapid Ramen Cooker has the following characteristics which make it the most efficient cookware to cook ramen in the microwave.
- The Rapid Ramen Cooker is composed of high- grade polypropylene. This material allows the cooker to be highly heat and chemical resistant. This also gives the cookware a sturdiness unlike other plastic cookware.
- The composition of the cookware is BPA free. BPA stands for Bisphenol A. Bisphenol A is an organic compound that was usually found in plastic plates, bottles and cutlery in the past. Research concludes that an exposure to a high quantity of BPA can result in harming the brain and the prostate glands of fetuses, infants and children. It might also affect patients with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
- The Rapid Ramen Cooker can perfectly cook most instant ramen like Top Ramen and Maruchan Nissin. Just choose an instant ramen of your favorite brand and you are good to go.
- There is no degradation to the quality of the cookware in the microwave. You can even reheat the leftovers using the same rapid ramen cooker when finishing it in one sitting feels like too much.
- There is absolutely no hassle of washing pots and pans. Simply throw these cookers into the dishwasher. These can rinse out very easily and are easy to clean.
- It is reusable for up to 5 years. It is also durable at the same time. Even if you use it regularly, the quality of the cookware is designed to remain intact.
- The ramen cooked in this cookware has 50% less sodium in it. Usually, the sodium is found in the seasoning. Since the rapid ramen cooker requires only 1 cup of water, it does not require as much seasoning. So with just half of the seasoning being used, you are automatically reducing the sodium of the ramen to up to almost 50%.
How to Microwave Ramen in 3 Minutes
The available sets of ramen cookware on the Rapid Brands website make it more convenient to use. These are extremely easy to use, hassle-free and time saving. The reason why it has become so popular over the years.
You really don’t need to do much. The microwave is going to take care of all the cooking. All you have to do is-
- Place all of the instant ramen noodles in the cookware. Make sure that you place it flat instead of putting it vertically. Horizontal placing will help to cook it fast and properly.
- Next, look for the fill line in the cookware. This line will tell you how much water to pour in. There is no need for extra measuring tools at all. Pour in water so that it is aligned with the fill line. Some people like to add chicken broth or stock instead of water to the cooker. This will help to add in the extra kick in the flavor of the ramen.
- Then comes the easiest step. Just place it in the microwave and set a timer for 3 minutes. The microwave will take care of all the cooking.
- Take it out of the microwave. The heat resistant handles make it easy for the user to get it out without having to worry about scalding their hands.
- Here comes the most exciting part. Adding in the seasoning. You can use the seasoning that comes with the package. Or if you want you can even put in a blend of your own spices. However you like your ramen.
- Stir well to make sure that the seasoning has been evenly distributed. At this point, your ramen should glisten and have a golden brown tone to it. This is when you know that it is time to slurp away!
A little disclaimer for the ramen lovers- the cooking time might vary slightly depending on the kind of microwave being used. So don’t worry if you can still see some leftover water in the cookware after 3 minutes. Place it back in the microwave and wait for another minute or less. You will not be disappointed.
Why you should choose Rapid Ramen Cooker
Don’t lose hope on cooking ramen in the microwave just because they turn out to be mostly mushy. This has to do with the improper structure and construction of regular bowls. These cookers do not allow for sufficient heat to reach the noodles. This leaves the ramen undercooked and pasty. Besides, sometimes you might even end up putting in a bit too much or too little water. Well, it’s not your fault. How are you supposed to know the exact measurement, right?
Thanks to Rapid Brands, the Rapid Ramen Cooker has specifically been engineered to cook ramen in the microwave in the shortest amount of time possible. It is constructed in a way that allows for equal heat distribution throughout the cooker. Moreover, regular bowls get scalding hot in the microwave. There is always a risk of burning your hands. The Rapid Ramen Cookers have heat resistant handles. These make it safe for everyone to cook some scrumptious ramen in as less as 3 minutes.
It is definitely worth a try. Your perspective on cooking ramen is about to change with it. Most people who have tried it have made these cookware a permanent addition to their kitchenware. It might just become yours too!